You Wouldn’t Run a Business This Way. Here’s Why Dartmouth Does.
Dartmouth creates a world-class product.
- An ambitious learning environment to educate the most promising students to prepare them for a lifetime of learning and responsible leadership.
- A passionate quest for knowledge and perpetual exchange of information between 408 tenured and tenure-track faculty and undergraduates in an environment where original scholarship influences teaching, and where teaching is essential.
- An 7:1 student-faculty ratio, and more than one thousand undergraduates doing one-on-one research with an authority in their field.
Discounts the price by 50 percent.
- For everybody. Dartmouth charges $63,748 for undergraduate tuition, room, and board, even though it spends $128,204 per student per year.
Gives an additional discount for certain buyers.
- 45 percent of Dartmouth undergraduates received need-based financial aid in fiscal year 2016.
- Average financial aid package in 2015-2016 was $43,648.
- Tuition is free to families earning less than $100,000 a year.
Then begs for money.
- Charitable gifts and endowment income underwrite 35 percent of the cost of a year at the College.
- Tuition, room, and board cover only 43 percent of the cost of a Dartmouth education.